Hembra & Cria is a unique, high specification complementary feed for mother and newborn alpacas and llamas designed to maximise the growth and development of the newborn from birth to post weaning, including the quality of the fleece and secondary follicle establishment. Contains 16 Active Nutraceuticals Including the Oatinol™ Delivery System.
Hembra & CriaSold Out
Benefits of Feeding Hembra & Cria
- Designed to be fed as a single feed to both lactating mothers and young cria from around 2 weeks of age.
- Promotes good milk yield and excellent development of the progeny.
- Provides digestible milk and globular proteins for growth and metabolic requirements like hormones, enzymes and plasma.
- Promotes the development of secondary follicles and a finer fleece in young growing Crias.
- Contains nucleotides for supporting good vital organ development and immunity.
- Contains yeast cultures to aid fibre digestion through the development of foregut microbial fermentation.
- Contains high levels of essential vitamins, especially Vitamin D3 and digestible sources of calcium, phosphorus and trace elements.
- Contains natural antioxidants for overall short and long term health.
- Provides a unique combination of 16 active nutraceuticals.
- Contains the unique Oatinol Delivery System to maintain a high rate of nutrient absorption.
- Wheat gluten free.
- A 100% non-GM, soya free formulation.
- Manufactured to Universal Feed Assurance Scheme (UFAS) standards as palatable, easy-to-feed 2mm pellets.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I feed Hembra & Cria to my alpaca or llama?
Hembra & Cria should be fed to all lactating mother alpacas and llamas and young cria from around 2 weeks of age.
Contains 16 Active Nutraceuticals
Bio-available forms of essential vitamins: copper, manganese and zinc, especially important for the young developing cria.
Digestible Milk Proteins
Provide key amino acids for supporting the growth of muscles, ligaments, tendons, hair and hooves.
A natural flavour enhancer and important for natural gut health during times of stress.
Helps to maintain the strength and integrity of connective tissues and crucial for the production of collagen.
Microscopic Toxin Binder
Aids the natural expulsion of antagonists found in feed and the environment.
Natural Buffering Material and Yeast Cultures
Helps to stabilise the pH in the foregut and encourage the development of beneficial fibre digesting bacteria.
Essential for sustaining normal healthy development at a cellular level.
Help support the natural expulsion of antagonists in the digestive tract and maintain a high level of natural immunity.
Omega 3 Fatty Acids
An important anti-inflammatory and essential for healthy skin and high quality fibre production.
Important for maintaining good digestion and release of nutrients for growth, breeding and performance.
Essential for the production of collagen and the maintenance of the body’s immune system.
Vitamin D3, Phosphorus, Calcium, Magnesium & Yeast Cultures
Crucial for healthy skeletal development. Additional yeast cultures significantly improve the digestibility of phosphorus from normal feed.
The Unique Oatinol Delivery System
Oatinol is a natural high quality oil based concept developed by and unique to GWF Nutrition. When incorporated into the feed it supplies four active nutraceuticals to:
Maintain gut cell integrity.
Maintain the lining of the gut.
Support the immune system.
Aid the absorption of active ingredients, vitamins and trace elements.
Galactolipid Natural Emulsifiers
To support the absorption of active ingredients across the gut wall.
Natural Tocotrienol Antioxidants
A natural, highly bioavailable form of vitamin E to help maintain the integrity of the gut lining and aid absorption.
Oat Derived Beta Glucans
With prebiotic properties that support beneficial bacteria in the gut to promote healthy absorption.
Proven to actively influence nutrient digestibility and absorption.
How to Feed
- Hembra & Cria should be fed to all lactating mother alpacas and llamas and young cria from around 6 weeks of age.
Daily Feeding Recommendation
Introduce 12 weeks before expected birth date and feed right through lactation.
General Maintenance Level - 100gms / Day
Crias from around 2 weeks of age will copy the eating behaviour of their mother and start to nibble Hembra & Cria. Increase with appetite up to 50gms per day.
General Maintenance Level - 50gms / Day (By Weaning)
15% Crude Protein, 8% Crude Fat, 11% Crude Fibre, 12% Crude Ash, 13% Starch, 9% Sugar, 3% Calcium, 1% Phosphorus, 0.4% Sodium, 0.5% Magnesium.
Black Oats, Hemp Seed Meal, Micronized (Sugar) Beet Pulp, Whey Protein Concentrate, Micronized Naked Oats, Cane (Sugar) Molasses, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, 3% Vegetable Oils & Fats (Oatinol), 1% Acid-Buf, 0.2% Nucleotides, 0.2% Microscopic Binder.
Vitamins (/kg): 70000iu Vitamin A (3a672a Retinyl Acetate), 20000iu Vitamin D3 (3a671 Cholecalciferol), 900mg Vitamin E (3a700 Alpha Tocopherol), 50mg Vitamin B1 (3a820), 6mg Vitamin B2 (3a826), 30mg Vitamin B6 (3a831), 300mcg Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin), 20mg Vitamin K (3a710), 500mcg Biotin (3a880), 30mg Folic acid (3a316), 80mg Nicotinic Acid (3a314), 50mg Pantothenic Acid (3a841); Trace Elements (/kg), 200mg Iron (Iron (II) Sulphate Monohydrate 3b103), 4mg Iodine (Iodine (I) Calcium Iodate Anhydrous 3b202), 200mg Copper (Copper (II) Sulphate Pentahydrate 3b405 & 3b409 Dicopper Chloride Trihydroxide), 220mg Manganese (Manganese (II) Oxide 3b502 & 3b507 Dimanganous Chloride Trihydroxide), 350mg Zinc (Zinc Oxide 3b603 & 3b609 Zinc Chloride Hydroxide Monohydrate), 0.5mg Selenium (Sodium Selenite 3b8018 Inorganic), 2.5mg Selenium (3b815 L-Selenomethionine); Flavour Enhancers (/kg): 10gm L-Glutamic acid (2b620).
Gut Flora Stabilisers: 1e10 CFU/kg (Actisaf Sc47) Saccharomyces Cerevisiae NCYC Sc47, (EC 4b1702).