With high quality protein sources, betaine and prebiotics & oligosaccharides to support immune & gut health.
Chick Starter Crumbs
A palatable complete feed for all chicks up to 6 weeks of age, specifically designed to encourage feeding and healthy growth & development.
Chick Starter Crumbs
A crumb form for easy feeding with probiotics, yeast, selenium and vitamin E to get chicks off to a good start.
A palatable complete feed for all chicks up to 6 weeks of age, designed to encourage feeding and healthy growth & development.
- Standard 1-3 working day UK mainland delivery £6.36 + VAT.
- Surcharge for Scottish Highlands, Islands & NI.
- Please contact us to discuss pricing for half and full pallet orders. Mix and match from our Alpaca, Horse and Pig & Poultry ranges.
Select Pack Size:
Unit Price (inc. VAT):
10% OFF £10.90
What are the Benefits of Feeding Chick Starter Crumbs?
- Provides a nutritionally balanced, high protein & starch diet for all chicks from hatching up to 6 weeks of age.
- 17% crude protein.
- Formulated with selenium, vitamin E and hemp derived Omega 3's to support a healthy immune system.
- Contains live yeast culture and enzymes along with oligosaccharides to support gut health and the digestion of cereals.
- Provides a balanced supply of amino acids to support the healthy development of chicks.
- Supports a healthy uptake of nutrients from feed including bonded phosphorous.
- With betaine to reduce heat stress and dehydration.
- Formulated as a palatable crumb for easy feeding.
- Manufactured to Universal Feed Assurance Scheme (UFAS) standards.
Explained - Nutraceuticals
Explained - The 35 Active Nutraceuticals in Chick Starter Crumbs
Nutraceuticals are products derived from food sources with extra health benefits in addition to their basic nutritional value.
Beta-Glucanase & Beta-Xylanase Enzyme
Allows for a more efficient absorption and digestion of the feed's nutrients including beta glucans derived from cereal starch sources.
Helps reduce heat stress and dehydration, particularly important for housed birds, as well as preserving the availability of amino acids.
Beta Carotene (Vitamin A precursor)
A safe and effective way to provide the building blocks for vitamin A, which is vital for vision, appetite and growth.
Important for beak and claw integrity as well as plumage and skin condition.
Essential as a major constituent of bones and eggshell and required for muscle contractions (all movement), cell membrane function and enzyme regulation.
Essential for all cell membranes and neural function, necessary to support cognitive health and aid in the prevention of fatty liver syndrome. Also important to prevent Perosis (displacement of the Achilles' tendon), a common issue found in poultry.
Essential for improving blood flow and for the production of collagen, which provides the framework for muscles, organs and connective tissues. Prolonged copper deficiency can lead to reduced egg production, hatchability and abnormal eggs.
Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
Helps produce healthy blood cells and used by the body to manufacture DNA. A deficiency can result in decreased egg production, poor plumage and Perosis.
Essential for the production of thyroid hormones; important for healthy feathering
Essential for the transport and storage of oxygen around the body. It is also needed for growth, healing and immunity.
A vital amino acid for poultry and layers, critical for the growth of body tissues and essential for the development of nutritious eggs.
Essential for the nervous system and for normal growth and development.
Essential to maintaining the growth of tendons and ligaments, the formation of cartilage and the elasticity of connective tissue.
An essential amino acid crucial for egg size, weight and composition.
Niacin (Vitamin B3)
Important for carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism, cell respiration and DNA repair. Deficiency can result in dermatitis and poor feathering on feet and head, reduced laying and brooding.
Oligosaccharides (Fructo & Mannan)
Oligosaccharides from yeast cell wall that help support natural expulsion of antagonists in the digestive tract and maintain a high level of natural immunity.
Omega 3 Fatty Acids
An important anti-inflammatory for general health and wellbeing including cholesterol metabolism, nerve transmission and the immune system. Essential for healthy skin and high quality plumage.
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)
Essential in order for the body to synthesise coenzyme A, which is essential for fatty acid metabolism. Important for feed conversion.
Essential for growth, bone & teeth development as well as egg production, quality, size and shell integrity. Supports urinary tract health.
Increases the bio-availablility of phosphorous to the bird. Phosphorous typcially has a low absorption rate.
Aids fat & carbohydrate metabolism, nerve and muscle control. Vital for the movement of nutrients into a cell.
Salt (Sodium & Chloride)
An important electrolyte which regulates bodily fluids across cells and essential for movement of nerve impulses across the body. Vital for the movement of nutrients into a cell.
Selenium (Inc. Bonded)
An important antioxidant that works synergistically with vitamin E.
The main energy source in the poultry diet.
An essential amino acid vital for the body's proteins, enzymes, muscles and neurotransmitters. Helps to regulate appetite, sleep, mood and pain.
Vitamin A (Retinyl Acetate)
Essential for healthy eyesight, a strong bone structure, good fertility and an active immune system.
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
Supports neural pathways, appetite & muscle strength.
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
Supports appetite, growth and healthy skin.
Supports protein metabolism, growth and cognitive function.
Essential for the utilisation of amino acids; involved in the production of red blood cells and the integrity of the nervous system.
Crucial for bone development. Also important for the immune system, fertility and the release of insulin. Works synergistically in particular with calcium to ensure good shell strength, egg quality and layability.
Vitamin E (Alpha-Tocopherol)
A biological antioxidant and essential for healthy reproductive, muscular, circulatory, nervous and immune systems.
Supports optimal liver function and important for the blood clotting process.
Live yeast to increase the availability of phosphorous and scavenge harmful oxygen from the digestive tract, particularly important for young birds. Helps to strengthen natural gut and immune defences.
Essential for insulin production, blood clotting, healing and claw and beak health. Supports wound healing and the immune system. Sufficient levels of zinc are crucial for maintaining comb colour and prevent feathers from fraying.
Daily Feeding Recommendation
All Chicks From Hatching Up To 6 Weeks
- Ad Lib As Required
Additional Product Information
Product Information & Analysis
Form & Pack Size(s) WH020322
- Very Digestible Crumb
- 20kg Bags
- 17% Crude Protein
- 4.5% Crude Fat
- 5.5% Crude Fibre
- 6.5% Crude Ash
- 1.1% Calcium
- 0.9% Phosphorus
- 0.2% Sodium
- 0.2% Magnesium
- 1% Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Hipro Soya Meal (GM Soya Production)
- Hemp Seed Meal
- Maize Gluten (Prairie) Meal (Non-GM)
- Dicalcium Phosphate
- Minerals, Mono & Di-Glycerides of Fatty Acids & Vitamins
- Soya Oil (GM Soya Production)
- Amino Acid Premix
- Calcium Carbonate
- 0.5% Oligosaccharides (Fructo & Mannan)
- Yeast Cell Wall
- Sodium Bicarbonate
- 0.85% Lysine
- 0.40% Methionine
- 0.26% Tryptophan
- 6500iu Vitamin A (3a672a Retinyl Acetate)
- 4500iu Vitamin D3 (3a671)
- 119mg Vitamin E (3a700 Alpha Tocopherol)
- 375mg Betaine (3a925)
- 86mg Niacin (3a314)
- 23mg Calcium D-Pantothenate (3a841)
- 18mg Folic Acid (3a316)
- 7mg Vitamin B6 (3a831)
- 2.5mg Vitamin A pre-cursor (E160a (ii) Beta-Carotene)
- 40mcg Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin)
Trace Elements (/kg)
- 185mg Iron (3b103 Iron (II) Sulphate Monohydrate)
- 155mg Zinc (3b603 Zinc Oxide)
- 91mg Manganese (3b502 Manganese (II) Oxide)
- 21mg Copper (3b405 Copper (II) Sulphate Pentahydrate)
- 1.1mg Iodine (3b202 Iodine (I) Calcium Iodate Anhydrous)
- 420mcg Selenium (3b801 Sodium Selenite)
- 80mcg Selenium (3b815 L-Selenomethionine)
Binders & Anti-Caking Agents (/kg):
- 2gms Calcium Sulphate (E516)
Digestibility Enhancers (/kg):
- 2e10 CFU 4b1702 Saccharomyces Cerevisiae CNCM I-4407 (Actisaf Sc47)
- (4a1604i) Endo-1,3(4)-Beta-Glucanase (EC 184.108.40.206) 1100VU/g & Endo-1,4-Beta-Xylanase (EC 220.127.116.11) 1500VU/g produced by Talaromyces Versatilis sp.nov. IMI CC 378536 (formerly Penicillium Funiculosum IMI SD 101)
- (4a1600) 3-phytase (EC 18.104.22.168) 500FTU/kg produced by Aspergillus Niger (CBS 101.672)
Quality Assurance / Storage Advice & Additional Information
- This product is manufactured to Universal Feed Assurance Scheme (UFAS) standard.
- This product should be stored in a cool, dry area away from direct sunlight.
Associated Knowledge Base Articles
Need More Information?
For all general enquiries, technical and feeding support, please telephone: +44 (0)1225 708482 or email: email@example.com