Contains Omega 3 and the Oatinol Delivery System
Feed from as little as £0.11 per day (cria)
Hembra & Cria is a unique, high specification complementary feed for both hembra and cria; specifically designed to maximize the growth and development of the newborn from birth to post weaning.
What are the key benefits of using Hembra & Cria for my camelids?
- Provides a single feed for both hembra and cria to ensure easier management.
- Provides good milk yield and excellent development of the progeny.
- Provides digestible milk and globular proteins for growth and metabolic requirements like hormones, enzymes and plasma.
- Contains 16 active nutraceuticals, including omega 3 fatty acids for good cognitive development and natural anti-inflammatory status.
- Contains nucleotides for supporting good vital organ development and immunity.
- Contains yeast cultures to aid fibre digestion through the development of foregut microbial fermentation.
- Contains high levels of essential vitamins, especially Vitamin D3 and digestible sources of calcium, phosphorus and trace elements.
- Contains natural antioxidants for overall short and long term health.
- Contains the unique Oatinol Delivery System to maintain a healthy digestive tract and a high rate of absorption of essential active ingredients, vitamins and trace elements.
- Very palatable for both hembra and cria.
- Wheat gluten free.
- A 100% Non GM, soya free formulation.
- Manufactured as very palatable and easily digested 2mm pellets; perfect for mixing with the camelid’s normal feed.
- Quick and easy to feed.
When should I feed Camelibra NG-2 to my camelids?
Hembra & Cria should be fed to all lactating mothers and young cria from around 6 weeks of age.
How to Feed
- Hembra: Introduce 2 weeks before expected birth date and feed right through lactation.
- Cria: Crias from around 6 weeks of age will copy the eating behaviour of their mother and start to nibble Hembra & Cria. Increase with appetite up to 50gms per day.
|Category||General Maintenance Level|
|Hembra||100gms / Day|
|Cria||50gms / Day (By Weaning)|
Contains 16 Active Nutraceuticals
Nutraceuticals are nutritional substances that provide additional health benefits. Through the addition of the following nutraceuticals, Hembra & Cria provides a complementary support for both mothers and babies.
KB – For more information see Knowledge Base article: The Role of Nutricines in Health
1 – Chelated Minerals
Chelated minerals provide bio-available forms of essential vitamins: copper, manganese and zinc, which are required by important metabolic processes in the young developing cria.
2 – Digestible Milk Proteins
Sources of readily digestible milk proteins that provide key amino acids for supporting the growth of all tissues with high protein contents, namely: muscles, ligaments, tendons, hair and hooves.
3 – Glutamic Acid
Glutamic Acid is a natural flavour enhancer and an important nutritional support for natural healing and gut health during times of stress.
4 – MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane)
MSM is a source of sulphur, which helps to form cross links with other molecules that maintain the strength and integrity of connective tissues. It is also essential for the manufacture of collagen.
5 – Microscopic Toxin Binder
A blend of microscopic absorbent compounds that aid the natural expulsion of antagonists found in feed and the environment.
6 – Natural Buffering and Yeast Cultures
Natural buffering material and yeast cultures help to stabilise the pH in the foregut and encourage the development of beneficial fibre digesting bacteria. This is important when feeding cereal based feeds as starch is converted into lactic acid, which can increase acidity and create an unfavourable environment for the fibre digesting bacteria.
7 – Nucleotides
Cell division is the basis of growth and development and involves the splitting of RNA and DNA. Nucleotides provide essential structured units for the production of RNA and DNA in cells and are very important to sustain normal healthy development.
Oligosaccharides from yeast cell wall and concentrated oat bran sources that help support natural expulsion of antagonists in the digestive tract and maintain a high level of natural immunity.
9 – Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Omega 3 fatty acids provide a daily source of essential fat components. Omega 3 is widely recognised to be an anti-inflammatory and balances the pro-inflammatory Omega 6 in the correct ratio. Omega 3’s are also found in large concentrations in spermatozoa and are essential for maintaining cell wall integrity and preventing moisture/oil loss from the skin. Healthy skin means high quality fibre production.
10 – Prebiotics
Prebiotics provide specific nourishment for friendly, fibre digesting bacteria to maintain good digestion and release of nutrients for growth, breeding and performance
11 – Vitamin C
Vitamin C is essential for the production of collagen in the body that forms the matrix of connective tissues in mammals. It directly affects the level of tissue growth, development or repair after injury so is crucial for healing and the body’s immune system.
12 – Vitamin D3, Phosphorus, Calcium, Magnesium and Yeast Cultures
Contains high levels of vitamin D3, available phosphorus and calcium in a very palatable form. All three are crucial for healthy skeletal development and additional yeast cultures are added to significantly improve the digestibility of phosphorus from normal feed.
The Unique Oatinol Delivery System
KB – For more information see Knowledge Base article: The Oatinol Delivery System
Oatinol is a natural high quality oil based concept developed by and unique to GWF Nutrition. When incorporated into the feed it supplies four active nutraceuticals to:
- Maintain gut cell integrity.
- Maintain the lining of the gut.
- Support the immune system.
- Aid the absorption of active ingredients, vitamins and trace elements.
13 – Galactolipid Natural Emulsifiers
Galactolipids are a combination of sugar and fat molecules that create the perfect medium for the absorption of active ingredients across the gut wall.
14 – Natural Tocotrienol Antioxidants
Tocotrienol antioxidants are a natural form of vitamin E. They are 40-60 times more readily available than other forms of vitamin E and help to maintain the integrity of the cells forming the lining of the gut to aid absorption.
15 – Oat Derived Beta Glucans
Beta Glucans have prebiotic properties that support beneficial bacteria in the gut to promote healthy absorption.
16 – Phospholipids
Phospholipids have emulsifying properties and have been shown to actively influence nutrient digestibility and absorption.
- Orders are desptached Monday – Friday.
- Orders received by 13:00 will be despatched the same day.
- Orders received after 13:00 will be despatched the next working day.
- Above applies to Zone 1 customers only.
Need Your Order Quickly?
- For orders required quickly, we offer a ‘Next Working Day’ service for a small additional charge.
- Please select from the ‘Delivery Method’ field opposite.
- Note: Mainland UK deliveries only.
Due to variable haulage costs to Scottish Highlands, please ensure you have selected Zone 2 before proceed to the checkout.
Rest of World
For orders outside UK mainland, please call for up to date haulage prices.
- Standard 3-5 day UK Mainland delivery included.
- Next Day delivery available.
- Surcharge for Scottish Highlands.
- All prices include 20% VAT.